Naturalisation. Knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement for those with ILR

If you want to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen, you must have sufficient knowledge of life in the United Kingdom, and of English language.

If you are a non-EU citizen and you have been granted indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK, you most probably have followed a route under which you have been already required to demonstrate knowledge of English language and of life in the UK.

In this case, the English language requirement for naturalisation will be met without you needing to pass another approved test.

If you already passed the Life in the UK test, you will not be required to sit it again.

If you want to apply for British citizenship or for a British passport and need specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.